RCC Foundation Scholarship Application Instructions
Read these instructions carefully and follow all steps to complete the RCC Foundation Scholarship Application.
The RCC Foundation offers numerous scholarships to RCC students. Students must have applied for admission to RCC or be currently enrolled to be eligible for RCC Foundation Scholarships. Eligible applicants must have at least a 2.0 GPA and plan to enroll for at least six credit hours during both fall and spring semesters of 2017-2018. Students who have been referred at least twice to the Vice President for Student Services for behavior issues are not eligible to receive a scholarship. Most scholarship recipients will be notified of their award prior to the fall semester. Scholarship awards are split between fall and spring semesters and, in most cases, will be credited to the recipients' accounts before fall semester. In order to receive your scholarship, you must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA, remain enrolled for at least six credit hours. Please note that some scholarships require a GPA higher than 2.0, enrollment in more than 6 hours, and/or enrollment in a certain program. You will forfeit your scholarship if you fail to maintain the requirements for your scholarship. Scholarships will not be paid for auditing courses unless the audit is required to progress toward your degree.
Your RCC/Student ID from RCC is required. We use your RCC/Student ID to pull FAFSA information and verify information from your scholarship application. Entering an incorrect RCC/Student ID may result in your application being excluded from consideration. Click on "Obtaining Your RCC/Student ID" from the menu on the right for more information.
- Complete and submit the RCC Foundation Scholarship Application by April 30, 2017.
- Complete the General Information section in full. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Complete the Merit Scholarship and Supplemental Information sections if you wish to be considered for any merit scholarships that may be available and/or scholarships with various restrictions. These sections are not required. If you choose not to complete these sections, you will be considered for unrestricted Foundation scholarships and those with restrictions pertaining to data collected in the General Information section.
- As soon as possible, complete and submit (to the U.S. Department of Education) the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Follow all instructions provided by RCC's Financial Aid Office and submit documentation they request in a timely manner. Your financial aid file must be complete with RCC's Financial Aid Office by April 30, 2017, in order for you to be considered for an RCC Foundation Scholarship. Access the FAFSA on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Even if you do not qualify for the Federal Pell Grant, you may qualify for an RCC Foundation Scholarship. Students whose financial aid files with RCC's Financial Aid Office are incomplete as of April 30, 2017, will not be guaranteed consideration for a Foundation scholarship. Exceptions are the RCC Faculty Association scholarship, which is solely based on the student’s merit. If you are applying only for this scholarship, the FAFSA is not required, but you must answer "yes" to the question that asks if you wish to be considered for a merit scholarship and complete the question about your academic, service and leadership accomplishments in the Supplemental section of the application.
- If you have graduated high school and have not been enrolled in a curriculum (college credit) program at RCC in the last five years, submit an official or unofficial copy of your latest transcript (high school or college) to the RCC Foundation office by April 30, 2017. Send your transcript to RCC Foundation, 629 Industrial Park Ave., Asheboro, NC 27205, or drop it off in the RCC Foundation office in the Foundation Conference Center on the Asheboro Campus. If you mail your transcript, mail it early enough to be received by the Foundation no later than April 30, 2017. Current high school students must submit their high school transcript to RCC's admissions office when they apply for admission.
Once you've read and understand the instructions, follow the "Foundation Scholarship Application" link on the right to access the application.