If you're a high school senior who lives in Randolph County, you may be a Randolph Community College Presidential Scholar!
Five high school seniors will be selected as RCC Presidential Scholars and will
- Receive a $2,500 scholarship for their first year of study ($1,250 fall and $1,250 spring) that is renewable for the second year
- Meet regularly with RCC's president, Dr. Robert S. Shackleford Jr.
- Apply to attend RCC's prestigious Student Leadership Academy during their first year of enrollment
- Serve as an Ambassador for RCC and the RCC Foundation during their second year of enrollment (April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018)
Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0, enroll for at least 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester and attend meetings with Dr. Shackleford in order to maintain the scholarship for the second year of enrollment.
High school seniors who reside in and attend a public, private, or home school in Randolph County are invited to apply. To be considered, students must
- Plan to enroll at RCC in the fall of 2016
- Have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.0
- Participate in extracurricular/community activities
- Submit the application packet (application, two recommendations, and high school transcript) by 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 12, 2016.
The deadline for 2016-2017 Presidential Scholar application packets is February 12.
Students who meet the preliminary requirements will be invited and required to attend the Presidential Scholars Day at RCC on March 1, 2016.(If inclement weather prevents holding Presidential Scholar Day on March 1, it will be held on March 8). On this day, students will learn more about RCC's curriculum programs, student life, and the campus. Students also will be interviewed. Finalists will be required to interview at a later day with RCC's president, Dr. Robert S. Shackleford Jr.
Students' academic record and extracurricular/community activities will weigh heavily in the selection of recipients, as will the interviews.
For more information, call the RCC Foundation at (336) 633-0296 or
Joyce Wolford, director of foundation operations, at (336) 633-0295.
Scholarship funding is provided by the RCC Foundation.